My food theme continues with Shrimp Linguine. Since I was under the weather New Years Eve I didn’t have my shrimp cocktail, this was the alternative. I don’t know which one I would have enjoyed more. This was very easy, delicious, light, and fast!
- Linguine (yeah, I know, it’s spagetti, but I was out)
- Shrimp (remove tails, cut some in pieces, leave others whole)
- 3 TBSP Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- Italian Pesto (pre-made and in the freezer)
- Prepare the pasta and set aside.
- Saute the garlic in olive oil for 30 seconds.
- Add thawed pesto and continue to saute for another 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp and continue to saute for another minute until shrimp is completely covered with sauce.
- Add pasta to the pan and toss to coat and heat.
My Italian pesto was the result of making spaghetti sauce this summer and was the strained “chunks” out of the sauce. A combination of tomatoes, onions, sweet peppers, celery, basil, oregano, parsley. If you don’t have pesto then you could sautee the garlic with any of the above ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes.