Sometimes a photographer just has to laugh at themselves or the industry, or else they would go crazy. So what is a camera buff do when they don’t have a camera in their hands? Read about photography, and not just serious technical stuff either.
Here are my favorites, again, Christmas, Birthday, Mothers Day, anniversary, or just any time is perfect to give a gift to someone you love, or want to poke fun at just a little.
1. What the Duck: I’ve been reading this comic online for quite sometime and it’s well worth having on the coffee table.
2. What the Duck, Rule of Nerds: If you haven’t gotten enough of the first book try adding another to the collection.
3. Awkward Family Photos: This series has gone viral and taken the industry by storm. What poses, props, and settings we once thought were cute have now become a bad joke. Really good for a laugh. There are now Awkward Family calenders, games, and even puzzles. But the puzzle might be stretching it a bit.
4. Awkward Pet Photos: The partner to the Awkward Family Photos, just as funny and we wonder why our kids grow up weird and our pets look at us funny.
5. PhotoJojo: Now it’s time to get off the couch and actually create some unique and funny photos. This book is full of DIY (do it yourself) photo projects that will keep anyone busy for the afternoon. Even the dog. Is that a camera cam on his head?
6. I Can Has Cheeszeburger: Now it’s the cats turn. Why is it cats are so funny in posed photos? Maybe because they can be posed and propped with everything from beer cans to books and everything in between. Dogs won’t do that, that’s why they wear the video cam on their head (see above). If cats were to wear a video cam it would be VERY boring.
All of these books and more great photo stuff can be purchased directly on my 3 Quarters Today Amazon Store. If you’re going to buy it online, might as well click through a friends page so she can earn some extra $$$ for a new lens or two.