Remembering Veterans Day
This is the weekend to be paying respect and honor our veterans. Yesterday was the Marine Corps birthday and today is officially Veterans Day. May we never forget to honor those veterans who have served in all branches of our military: The Army, Navy, Air Force, and the United States Marines.
Don’t just remember our veterans on the national holidays like Memorial Day or Veterans Day, but remember and thank them everyday. Everyday you hear of a conflict in another country, every time you see an American flag, and every time you hear on the news that another soldier died. Remember they defend our freedom of speech, our way of life, and liberty of the United States of America.
In addition to my two sons, currently in the Marine Corps, this day and weekend I also remember my “Daddy”.
I wish I had asked more questions, I wish I had listened when you started to tell me the stories, but alas I was a child and only thought of childish things. I wish I had more time with you, and I wish you had lived to see your grandchildren grow up. You would be proud of them. I miss you now more than ever.
Served WWII (2 years 11 months), Army Airborne (1951-1954) Ft. Benning GA, Ft. Drum NY, Co “C” First Battalion, 508th Airborne and 369th Quartermaster Battalion
- Amazon Marine Corp Store- everything USMC
- Pay it forward to another vet (bostonherald.com)
- USS Rushmore celebrates 237th Marine Corps Birthday (dvidshub.net)
- VFW Post 93 Hosts Veteran’s Day Celebration (wkbn.com)
- NLUS President Marine Corps Birthday & Veterans Day Message (bremolympicnlus.wordpress.com)
- A Mom’s Letter to the Marine Corps (ndjmom.wordpress.com)