When I first started blogging it was purely for a learning experience for a new business venture. I never thought I would grow to love blogging and find such a supportive community. I’m two shy of 100 followers and I have to admit I love watching my stats as I get on average of 50-60 views per day. May not seem like a lot, but I have a sad face when it’s only 20 views in one day.
Thank you to Seasons Girl for nominating me for my first of what I hope are many more badges to place on my site. I’m honored and a little behind on recognizing you but as I’ve said before “Life Happens”
In accepting this award, I need to complete the following:
1. Link the award to the person who gave it to me.
Here again, I get an opportunity to be grateful for this nomination. I love to travel, so the nominating Sunshine blog lets me travel to Virginia tantalizing life of Season’s Girl
2. Answer the questions about myself. (See below)
3. Nominate 10 bloggers for the award.
4. Link my nominees to the post and comment on their blog, letting them know about the award.
Favourite Number: 7, probably because God rested on the 7th day, I love a day of rest, to have a guilt free day where I don’t have to do any work.
Favourite Non-Alcoholic Drink: Milk. Yup, still love milk, nothing beats a cold glass of milk and Chips A Hoy cookies.
Favourite animal: Dog, I’ve always had dogs and now have two Brody, a Jack Russell and Leah our Boxer puppy.
Facebook or Twitter: Facebook hands down, have been on since summer of 2007 I can say, I’m addicted. Since I grew up in Connecticut Facebook has reconnected me to so many high school friends. I have created deep friendships with classmates I never got to really know in high school.
My Passion: Besides my family,…it’s easy photography and photo editing, oh and eating, and taking pictures of food, and bragging about my family.
Favourite Day of the Week: Saturday! I can sleep in and wake without an alarm clock.
Favourite Flower: Tulips, they are just so graceful
My 10 Nominees: I am thrilled to nominate the following for hours of interesting reading, and for taking me on voyages of the mind over the last two years. I have been honored to share your world.
- Whitney Photography: who I thank in being the first person to comment on my blog and still finds her way over to visit almost two years later. http://whitneytphoto.com/
- A Girl, A Camera, A Challenge, Although her 365 project is finished, we have become friends on Facebook and continue our love of photography there. She has a great eye and also a love of poetry. Her second site is Appearing Closer, where object REALLY are closer than they appear, very very cool site. (this counts as one link, not eleven)
- Nebraska Wheatie, Tracie is a local Nebraska blogger, Mom four beautiful girls (one is my daughters friend), president of the Wheat Harvestors Association
- All I’ve Got is a Photograph: Bonnie is one of my original 365 Bloggers and one of my top commenters, Thanks Bonnie for all the kind words, you always put a smile on my face.
- Brett Erickson Photography: Ready for some amazing eye candy photography? Head over to Brett’s site, he never fails me when I go on my WordPress Reader.
- Russel Ray Photography: Are you noticing a trend here, more photography and a great blogger and participant in the WordPress world. Another perk, he resides in San Diego which is familiar territory with me having two Marines and visiting that area a few times.
- Donald Reese Photography: If you love country, rural life, farming and a smattering of the Amish living you will love Donald Reese’s treasure trove. Be warned, you will be lost for hours.
- Notsofancynancy Nancy touches on many every life subjects but is passionate about documenting her Dad’s WW II experience from letters she has found. This is poignant to me as I have recently found my Dad’s pictures from the 82nd Airborne and am now on a mission to document and learn more from his WW II days.
- A Cord of Three Strands: A military wife on her way to be a Proverbs 31 woman and a wife of noble character. Her husband is a Marine and I’m enjoying her journey.
- Martini’s and Mini Vans : Although this is #10, it’s not last, this hip Mom is fighting the battle to stay hip, even with a mini van and kids in tow. A literary collection of extremely well written essays. One other perk, she’s from the Omaha area. I always love reading about local people. I feel more connected. You rock Danielle!