Yes, I admit it, I love Pinterest and this Baked Onion Ring recipe was one of the first to get me hooked. Maybe because I’m such a visual person. Half the time I search Google by Google images, so why didn’t I think of Pinterest? I have a Favorite Foods (surprised, not) board that I’m going to have to divide into sub categories pretty soon.
Below is my rendition of the Low Fat Baked Onion Rings. I had my doubts that oven backed rings would be crunchy. Not only did I like them, but so did every one else. They were soooooo good. Thanks to Skinnytaste.com for posting them originally
Since I adapted the recipe a little (don’t I always) I posted my own picture, but if you want to check out the original visit my Favorite Food board
- 1 medium onion, sliced into 1/4 inch rings
- 2 1/4 cups milk + 1 TBSP vinegar (original called for buttermilk, which I never have)
- 2 cups finely crushed bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup crushed corn flake crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley, garlic powder, seasonings to taste and preference
- olive oil baking spray
1. Slice onions and let soak in milk/vinegar mixture for one hour in refrigerator
2. Preheat oven to 450F
3. Line cookie sheet with tin foil and spray with olive baking spray
4. Mix seasonings and bread crumbs in bowl, set half aside for 2nd half of dipping. (Helps prevent clumping)
5. Remove onions from milk and dip in breading mix.
6. Place on tin foil, spray with olive oil and bake for 12 minutes.
More Onion Ring Recipes
Onion Ring Recipe | Hillbilly Housewife
I love fall. It’s getting cooler and of course there’s football. I’m not the worlds biggest fan, but it’s nice to curl up on the couch with my husband to watch the game. A few weeks ago he mentioned that he missed hanging out with a beer and an …
Bacon Wrapped Onion Rings | Two Forks One Love
Yesterday, I teased (okay blurted out in all caps) that I had an awesome bacon wrapped onion ring recipe for you today. Well, here it is! I really should have held it for a Side Dish Sunday, but BACON. If you’re trying to figure …
National Onion Rings Day – The Foodie Patootie
I’ll never even attempt a different onion ring recipe. I am pretty much satisfied with everything this one had to offer. And they were easy! Which is always my favorite part. (I’m looking forward to the day when I can actually take …