Produce Stand Recipe #1 (Nelson Produce Stand, Omaha NE)
I love new potatoes, they are so much more tender and fresh than those Russets that sit in burlap bags and plastic sacks in the store. The skin on new potatoes are clean, tender, and delicious.
- 1 lb Red new potatoes
- 1- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 4 TBSP Butter
- 1 TBSP dried parsley
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cut potatoes into 2-4 pieces depending on size
- Cover with water in a small sauce pan
- Crush 1-2 cloves of garlic into water
- Boil until tender. Drain (can save potato water for soup stock)
- Add butter to taste, I like butter so I used a lot. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Cover and let flavors meld together