I love food and there is nothing more impressive than a layered trifle dessert when you are trying to impress company. What is great about trifles is they are soooo easy and creative, really can’t go wrong with just about any combination of pudding, cool whip, fruit or candy toppings.
I received a trifle bowl for our wedding and one of my first dessert creations was chocolate pudding, brownies, and heath bars layered with cool whip.
My kids fought over it and said I had to make it again.You expect a recipe maybe? Ok, here it is
- 1 pan of brownies
- 1 qt (4 cups) cold milk
- 2 pkg (4 serving size each) Chocolate Instant Pudding & Pie Filing
- 1 tub (8 oz) Whipped Topping, thawed
- 4 pkg (1.4 oz each) Heath Bars (Butterfingers, Snickers, you get the idea)
Bake brownies. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into 1/2 inch cubes. ADD mild to dry pudding mix in medium bowl. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. LAYER half each of the brownie cubes, pudding, whipped topping and crushed chocolate bars in large glass trifle bowl.
REPEAT all layers, Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Other trifle Combinations
Layer the following with cool whip
- Banana pudding, bananas, strawberries, blueberries
- Vanilla pudding, strawberries, blueberries (red, white, and blue patriotic trifle)
- Pistachio pudding, chocolate brownies, strawberries, crushed pistachio nuts on top
- Lemon pudding, angel food cake, blueberries, crushed lemon cookies
Let your creative ideas flow when it comes to trifles and desserts. It’s a great way to end a meal and make an impression. I like to show my guests what we have for dessert before we eat, that way they leave room for dessert after dinner.
More Trifle Dessert Ideas