Again it’s soup time. I would call this Chicken Noodle Soup, but my son said it didn’t have the right kind of noodles and had too many vegetables. Regardless, David had two servings, so it must of been pretty good. What more can I say about soup that I haven’t already said. I used some frozen chicken broth I had saved in the freezer (that reminds me I need to make some more) and just went into my refrigerator for the ingredients.
- 10-12 cups chicken broth (I don’t measure, I just what I have to fill the pot)
- 1-3 cups Additional water (if you need it, I didn’t this time)
- 4 chopped cooked chicken breasts (prepared and waiting in my freezer)
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup celery
- 2 TBSP dried ground parsley (Grind in your palm to release more flavor)
- 1 tsp onion powder (or include real onion)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 cups pasta (use whatever you have) Add last 15 minutes
Add all the ingredients together in the order listed above in a large pot, with the exception of the pasta. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer on low for an hour. Add pasta, increase heat to med low and simmer for an additional 15-20 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
Freeze leftovers for tasty meals later.
- Quick & Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup (smalldetailfood.wordpress.com)
- Makeshift Chicken Noodle Soup (corneytruth.wordpress.com)