It has been a while since I posted about food, although I have been preparing, consuming and photographing my food all year. The difficult part is remembering the recipe. But in cooking the recipe is only the starting point, I’m all about being creative and flexibility is a must in my kitchen.
I only use recipes as guidelines, and often I just “wing it”, this is one of those times.
Pork and Beef Enchiladas
- 1 package flour tortillas
- 1 can Refried Beans
- 1 Pckg shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can Green Chile & Pork
- Homemade salsa
- 1 lb hamburger (pre-cooked, frozen and thawed)
- Pour Green Chile mixture into sauce pan, add thawed cooked hamburger, and 1/4 cup salsa, heat and stir.
- Using a large pan or cookie sheet, pour salsa on the bottom and dip tortillas.
- Stack tortillas on plate and microwave on high for 20-30 seconds. (this makes them soft and flexible)
- Spoon meat/chili mixture across the tortilla, spread refried beans on tortilla, top with cheese.
- Roll tortilla and place on cookie sheet, flap side down,
- Repeat and nestle enchiladas next to each other.
- Mix tomato sauce with appox. 1 cup salsa and pour over enchiladas. (add any of the left over “bits” from the dipping the tortillas)
- Sprinkle liberally with cheese
- Bake at 350F until cheese is melted and enchiladas are heated through (approximately 20 min)
My intention is to freeze leftovers, but they don’t last long enough at my house. Excellent as leftovers the next day.